Man killed nephew, buried him in balcony & planted saplings: Police

Man killed nephew, buried him in balcony & planted saplings: Police

News In Shorts

The Delhi Police has arrested Odisha’s 37-year-old techie Bijay Kumar Maharana, who allegedly killed his nephew in 2016 in Delhi, buried his body in the soil in his balcony and planted saplings on it. Bijay was upset over his nephew Jai Prakash’s friendship with his girlfriend. He smashed Jai’s head with a ceiling fan’s motor when he was sleeping.

News In Detailed  

A 37-year-old man, who allegedly killed his nephew suspecting that he was having an affair with his girlfriend, was arrested by the Delhi Police from Hyderabad three years after the incident, officials said Thursday. Bijay Kumar Maharana, a resident of Odisha’s Ganjam, moved to Delhi in 2012 after his girlfriend shifted to the national capital. In 2015, Bijay’s nephew Jai Prakash also moved to Delhi from Hyderabad and they started living together at a flat in Delhi’s Dwarka area, officials said.

While Bijay used to work in an IT firm in Noida Sector 144, Jai Prakash was an employee of a Gurgaon-based company. Over time, Jai Prakash became close to Bijay’s girlfriend, which he didn’t like. Bijay then planned his nephew’s murder, a Delhi police officer said. On the night of February 6, 2016, when Jai Prakash was asleep, Bijay smashed his head with the motor of a ceiling fan lying around in his flat for repair, the officer said. Then he dragged the body to his balcony and buried it in soil he had already arranged. He even planted saplings to avoid suspicion, the officer said. After a week, he filed a missing complaint with police saying his nephew never returned after going out with friends. He stayed in the flat for about two months and then shifted to Nangloi. In 2017, he moved to Hyderabad, the officer said.

In October, Jai Prakash’s skeleton was found when the building was being renovated. The skeleton was wrapped in a blue jacket, a shirt, a bed sheet, a blanket and a mattress. Police found out about Bijay from the owner of the flat. The owner, Vikram Singh, also told police that two other tenants lived in the flat after Bijay vacated it. During investigations, Bijay was found missing and no one in his family or his group of friends knew about his whereabouts. He had changed his mobile number and stopped using his bank accounts after withdrawing all his money, the officer said. With the help of technical surveillance, police located him after weeks of searching. A police team first went to Vishakhapatnam on December 26 and later travelled to Hyderabad on January 1 in search of Bijay.

Elon Musk claims new Tesla Roadster will float above ground

Show More

Mohd shadab

Hello Reader, I am very passionate to write blog on International affairs, Please follow me and subscribed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *